2nd Annual Global Logistics In Mining Forum
From: 12 Nov 2013 To: 13 Nov 2013 City: Johannesburg Venue: Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel, Sandton
The mining sector is getting more focused towards organized logistics management. Implementing an efficient procurement and logistics system is a key differentiator in the development and operation of a project. It also results in alleviating time constraints. Having adequate stock of material and the ability to move it whenever necessary will eliminate the current challenges faced by the mining industry. Most mines are located in remote areas, which itself brings up a number of challenges.
The real question here is: How can mining companies devise strategies to improve the infrastructure in order to increase the flow of materials and make its operations more profitable?
The 2nd Annual Global Logistics in Mining Forum will provide an insight into various facets of this industry and it's operations which will change the way logistics should function, improve the ROI and will help the organisations attending it perform and move better!
- Strategies to shape and improve road/rail/port infrastructure and efficiencies
- Having a bullet proof logistics strategy in place
- Managing logistics to and from remote locations
- Strategies for inventory and warehouse management
- Role of automation in mine logistics
Investing in state-of-the-art technologies to have an integrated logistics operation
Our speakers include exponent industry leaders and experts who will be presenting on their topic of expertise, share knowledge and create awareness.
- Giri Nayar, Contracts & Procurement Manager - BHP Billiton (UK)
- Ashley Govender, Head Logistics Planning & Contract Management - Anglo American Kumba Iron (South Africa)
- John Cederberg, Procurement & Logistics Manager - Minera Panama (Canada)
- Guido Sagues, Vice President Commercial Logistics - Codelco (Chile)
- Dr. Lincoln C. Wood, Senior Lecturer Operations & Supply Chain - Auckland University of Technology(New Zealand)
- Mehmet Ali Ekingen, Chief of Purchasing & Contracting - Alacer Gold Corp. (Turkey)
- Nosipho Damasane, Chief Executive Officer - Richards Bay Coal Terminal (South Africa)
- Renato Torres, Port and Rail Manager - Rio Tinto (France)
- Nicholas Macan, Manager, Supply Chain Operations - Kinross Gold Corporation (Canada)
- Braam Uys, General Manager, Service Delivery Area - Rio Tinto (South Africa)
- Eileen Madden Mitchell, Director Global Supply Chain Logistics - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (USA)
- Leroy Musa Nsibande, Group Manager Logistics - Arcelor Mittal (South Africa)
- Yogendra Sharma, Director Rail - Adani Mining (Australia)
- Jeremy Green, Senior Researcher - Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (South Africa)
Chris van Schoor, Professor Logistics & Supply Chain Engineering - University of Pretoria (South Africa)